Washington Dance Studio’s Performing Companies
About Our Performing Companies
- Core Company is centered on students 6th-8th grade who are building the strong fundamentals necessary to be successful in competition and performance. They will perform at our annual Holiday Dance Clinic, attend convention and competition as well as are featured in both of our Spring Recitals.
- Junior Company is designed to further the 8th-10th grade dancer’s skill level and provide more performance experience. This group is featured at our annual Holiday Dance Clinic Performance and at both of our Spring Recitals. They also attend convention and competition.
- Senior Company gives 10th-12th grade dancers with a high skill level an opportunity for performance and a challenging class environment to continue furthering their skills. They are featured at our annual Holiday Dance Clinic Performance and at both of our Spring Recitals. The group also travels to participate in convention and competition.
Auditions and Prerequisites
We hold WDS Company auditions after our Spring Recitals. All auditioning must be currently enrolled in Ballet and Jazz class at WDS. Technique class prerequisites are as follows:
- Core Company requires two years of Ballet and Jazz over the last three years.
- Junior Company requires three years of Ballet and Jazz over the last four years.
- Senior Company requires four years of Ballet and Jazz over the last five years and have been a member of Junior Company.